Thank you page re-direct after appointment scheduled

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Thank you page re-direct after appointment scheduled

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Pam 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Pam
    Participant

I need to have the client re-directed to a page on my website immediately after booking an appointment. I have the Business version of the scheduler.

I saw this post (below, dated July 2016), and tried to apply it, but I do not have any “Schedule Appointment” option showing on the Form Builder page in which to edit for a re-direct. Is there some other way this is accomplished now?

July 29, 2016 at 11:04 am
    In reply to: Change ‘Thank you’ page

Geoff Myers

Participant

Follow-up to my previous message:

Never mind, I found the solution. Here’s a description of my solution for anyone who has the same question:

Go to Appointments → Form Builder then click Edit next to Predefined – Schedule Appointment near the bottom of the form next to the Schedule Appointment button.

There are two (2) options after a user clicks the Schedule Appointment button:

1. Text Confirmation
    2. Redirect Confirmation ← this is what you want!

Choose option #2 (redirect) then enter a valid URL of a Thank You page, which can be a simple page in WordPress.

Pam
    Participant

Never mind… found it. It’s accomplished by hovering over the “Submit” button, then editing. Duh… “submit” is the same as “Schedule Appointment”.

So, now my question becomes one of process and sequence. All my appointments will require pre-payment, and I’m only using PayPal. Would you please fill in the blanks and correct me as to process and the sequence:

1. The client clicks on a date, time, provider (don’t need a location) and service from the scheduler on my site.
    2. Somehow the client is told he needs to pre-pay for the appointment (I have enabled PayPal pre-payment in settings, and set the amount in some copy when I set everything up; though I no longer recall where that was).
    3. The client is re-directed to PayPal to pay (automatically or do they have to click something?)
    4. They pay with PayPal and are automatically returned to the Scheduler page via PayPal’s auto-return capability
    5. Then they clearly see they have to finalize the appointment by clicking on the submit button on the Scheduler page (Is there some way to indicate to them they can now complete their appointment?)
    6. They happily click the submit button
    7. Then they are immediately re-directed to a page on my site (using the redirect feature in the Submit button setting).
    8. The appointment slot they successfully took is now unavailable for anyone else to book (as I only allow 1 appt per time slot) and the time taken no longer shows as an option in the Calendar when someone else wants to appoint.

If I have this wrong, please tell me what I have wrong, and how to get to the end result of the client pre-paying before the appointment is actually set, then allowing them to set the appointment, then sending them to my chosen page after they set the appointment.

Thanks guys!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.