smtp and mail settings

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler smtp and mail settings

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dtails
    Participant

Hi,
    my question is in two parts. I want to recommend the Pro Scheduler plugin to my client, but not until two things can work for us.
    I have unzipped the non-Pro verison, and have been trying to get the smtp part working, but so far, with no luck. As the smtp is necessary to recieve scheduling emails, at the moment, we sadly cannot use it.
    If we buy the Pro version, will you be able to setup the smtp for us? It looks great, so hope fully you can help us.
    Thank you,
    Jens

support
    Keymaster

Hi Jens,

Email notification function is only supported in Pro editions.

And surely we will help you set it up.

dtails
    Participant

Dear support,
    thank you for your prompt reply. I have now urged my client to have a closer look.
    I hope I understand correctly, that you will help out with the smtp, as this was impossible for me to set up yesterday?
    Thank you,
    Jens

support
    Keymaster

Could you be more specific on the problem? You configured the smtp settings, and tried to send out a testing email but failed?

dtails
    Participant

Yes, thta’s correct.
    I tried with Easy WP smtp and another one. I tried with both gmail and live.om, but none of them worked. I tried with 587 and 465 (I think it was). All my test mails failed.
    I tested with my own gmail, not the clients, but that doesn’t make any difference, I suppose?
    By the way, here is the page I am using for the free plugin: http://www.nawair.dk/bookingtest/
    Thank you,
    Jens

support
    Keymaster

Where are you hosting the website? You had better contact your web hosting provider to see if it is allowed to set up SMTP with gmail. Sometimes only the email addresses provided by them are ok.

dtails
    Participant

Hi again,
    I had a nice long support-chat with our host (one.com, from Denmark). but they were unable to help me with the smtp problem. I can provide details from the chat, if necessary.
    I am at my wits end, would really love to use the Birchpress plugin for our site, but as I understand it, smtp is necessary. Do you have any possibility of looking at it?
    Thank you,
    Jens

support
    Keymaster

Could you send us your long chat through our contact form? We will see what we can do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.