Pre-payment for purchasing gifts

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Pre-payment for purchasing gifts

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adam Heward 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Justin Davis
    Participant

I run a massage therapy business and many times, clients will want to purchase a session for someone else as a gift. This means paying for the service ahead of time. However, I have no way to do that as of right now with Scheduler Pro. I’ve tried using the PayPal option given here (http://www.birchpress.com/support/documentation/scheduler-pro/accept-prepayment-with-paypal), but it creates a mandatory payment for all appointments. Is there any way for someone to pay ahead of time using Scheduler Pro? Maybe a gift card option? I’d rather not have to try installing another plugin just for this feature, but I may have to so people can purchase these pre-paid gift appointments for others.

Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi Jeanette,

Currently gift card is not supported. We will consider to support it by integrating with woo-commerce in the future.

Adam Heward
    Participant

I second this.

I need to take bookings online which is facilitated by Birchpress and I need to be able to sell vouchers for treatments that don’t require a booking at the time for which I’m using WooCommerce.

I’m using a WordPress page for all of these features; adding Birchpress and WooCommerce shortcodes to this page.

Problem is at present I have to make three entries for each service. One as a wordpress page, one as a service in Birchpress and the other as a product in WooCommerce.

This is a very redundant situation and makes adding a new service very tiresome. There is definitely a need for someone to add this sort of functionality.

support
    Keymaster

Currently we are refactoring the code to make our software more flexible and extensible. After that, we will do some research to see whether/how to integrate with Woo-commerce to fulfill this feature.

Adam Heward
    Participant

That’s great news. I have been really impressed so far with the team’s responsiveness to requests. My request for shortcode support in Pageline DMS sections was fulfilled very quickly.

Another feature that would be great is for this scenario.

A client would like to pay for a course of 6 treatments. At the time of order they would only like to schedule the first treatment and then later schedule the second. After that treatment schedule the 3rd etc… etc…

It present there is no way for a customer to do this online and has to be done in the salon.
    I’m sure I’ve seen this feature requested somewhere else on the forum. I’m sure it would require a user to be logged in and have a number of treatments avaialbe for them as ‘credit’ each time they schedule an appointment they are ‘debitied’ one of these treatments.

I’ll have a look and see if I can find the other forum posts where this feature is requested.

Adam Heward
    Participant

Of course these could be premium features for which I’d expect to pay for.

Adam Heward
    Participant

I think the users in this forum are wanting to do a similar thing…

Integrate a separate payment plugin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.