Integrate a separate payment plugin

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Integrate a separate payment plugin

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sharon Lin 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Sharon Lin
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there a way to integrate a separate payment plugin and then allow customers to book appointments on credit they get from purchasing a separate service?
    Even some creative way to work around this issue would help me a great deal.
    I’m actually looking for a way to sell packages of services and then let my customers book until they finish their package.
    Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

You need write custom code to achieve it. Here are some thoughts.

You can add a package as a product in woocommerce. After the customer buys a package. You record the number of appointments defined in the package. When the customer makes an appointment with our scheduler, you check the number associated with him/her. The number will be decreased by one after each booking.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

that’s the direction I am looking for.
    was actually thinking of integrating a simple pricing table like one of these:
    http://www.showmewp.com/pricing-table-plugins-for-wordpress/
    and then integrating the package selected to the scheduler. I guess I’ll need a PHP programmer for the additional code.
    Would you recommend using woocommerce instead of the pricing table?
    Thanks!

support
    Keymaster

Those price table plugins do not support accepting payments. Basically they just present a comparison of your packages in an attractive way. You need an e-commerce plugin to allow customers to purchase your packages. Then use our plugin to book appointments.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

well actually, I’m using a pricing table that is integrated with PayPal for payment.
    So I am in fact selling services as a general package and charging the amount I want.
    I just need now to validate this package before confirming the booking.
    If I’ll use woocommerce, how do you suggest I integrate it with your plugin?
    Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

We can not give you any suggestions on selecting the e-commerce plugins. We did not have experience on using or integrating with them.

On our plugin side, you can hook to the filter’birchschedule_validate_booking_form_info’.

You can write some code similar to the following,

add_filter(‘birchschedule_validate_booking_form_info’, ‘your_function_to_check_credits’, 30);

function your_function_to_check_credits($errors) {
    //check credits
    //if not
    $errors = array(
    ‘birs_booking’ => __(‘Your credits is not enough.’, ‘birchschedule’)
    );
    return $errors;
    }

Antonio Rodriguez
    Participant

Hi!

I had the same requirement. I have WooCommerce in the web that i’m developing.
    People buy a number of lessons.

After that, with birchpress, people book lessons.

But i had the requirement of buy a pack of 10 lessons (i.e.) and when someon is bookin in birchpress, deduct the number of lesson of the ones acquired (you can see number of lesson like CREDIT, too).

I’ve never developed in PHP (i’m a .NET and Python developer) but today I began to develop in PHP the integration of that requirement.

Today (i learned PHP haahahaha), and I modified woocommerce and alright it modify a custom table with ID of the user and the number of lessons purchased.

The next step is integrate birchpress to don’t let make booking if you don’t have lessons (CREDIT) and if you have, deduct decrease the number.

When I Finshed i can share here my code with you.
    Regards!

Sharon Lin
    Participant

that would be AWESOME!
    how can I help?
    Thanks!

Antonio Rodriguez
    Participant

My friends….

Have good news! We could developed it!! Thanks to the support of where to make an add_filter.

In Spain is late and I wanna go to sleep 🙂
    So this week i’ll share with you all, the two files modified (one of woocommerce) and another one of birchpress.

Now, we all (you and me) have a system like:

– you can buy CREDITS in woocommerce
    – you only can book with birchpress if you have enough credits

😉

Regards!

Adam Heward
    Participant

Are we wanting to do similar things?

Pre-payment for purchasing gifts

Sharon Lin
    Participant

Yes @Adam, the we are looking for the same functionality.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

Hi Antonio Rodriguez,
    Just checking in to see how is our little project 🙂 progressing and to offer my assistance if I can.
    Thank you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.