Hook into New Appointment Email Notification

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Hook into New Appointment Email Notification

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Martin Hjort
    Participant

Hi

I would like to somehow send a link along with the email notification for new appointments AND with that link, send a code to use on the linked webpage.

So I was thinking that first of all I would like to, somehow, user the clients ID in the notification email, and the somehow set a custom field when the user creates the appointment, and then send the value of that custom field in the notification email for new appointments.

I can see it’s possible to refer to the value of custom fields in the email notifations, but here it’s important that the value is set BEFORE the mail is send of course.

Is it possible? Even if it’s not possible through an action, but only by changing the plugins core code, please guide my to a function where I can customize the plugin somehow 🙂

Regards
    Martin Hjort

support
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

If I understand you correctly, you want to create a new tag tobe used in notification emails.

You can hook to filter ‘birchschedule_get_appointment_merge_fields_values’. An example code is like this.

add_filter(‘birchschedule_get_appointment_merge_fields_values’, ‘birchschedule_my_get_merge_values’, 30, 2);

function birchschedule_my_get_merge_values($appointment, $appointment_id) {
    $appointment[‘your_code_name’] = ‘your code value’;
    return $appointment;
    }

then you can paste {your_code_name} to your email template.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.