Email incorrect and incorrect time

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Email incorrect and incorrect time

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  support 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

gingerfizz

I did a couple of tests with the plugin and I had a couple of issues.

The first time I made the appointment for 12:30pm, but the confirmation told me my appointment was at 6pm. It’s correct on the backend in the calendar, but you can see how this would be an issue for clients.

After that, I couldn’t make anymore appointments. I keep getting “Email incorrect” when they’re my emails I’ve used for years, and even with the email I used for the first test.

If these two issues could be resolved, and there was a way to redirect people after the confirmation, I could seeing myself buying the Pro version in the near future.

support
    Keymaster

Hi Gingerfizz,

In our BirchPress Scheduler, Email notification is not supported. May we know how you did the tests? And in BirchPress Scheduler Pro, the email notification function works fine.

gingerfizz

Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word ‘confirmation’ because I’m not speaking of any type of email notification.

I meant the success message a person gets right after they submit their booking. It tells them their appointment was successfully made and it confirms the date and time for their appointment on that page. That’s where the appointment time is not matching with the time I actually chose when making the appointment. When I look in the admin area, the time is correct. However, if a client sees the wrong time in their supposed success message, they will feel there is an error.

As far as the email address, I’m speaking of an error message I keep getting on the form itself. When I tried to book another appointment, and hit the submit button, a red error message came up under the ‘Email’ text area field saying “Email is incorrect.” I refreshed the page and tried to put in a different email and still kept getting that error message.

I was only able to successfully submit one appointment, and even then, the success message confirmed the wrong appointment time.

gingerfizz

Oh, also, I wanted to know how to add a link to the shortcode PHP file so people could click it and be redirected back to the page the scheduler is on. I don’t know Javascript or PHP well enough to go messing with it.

support
    Keymaster

The wrong info you get in the success message is caused by a timezone related bug which only existed in the free version. We have fixed that.We will release a new version soon.

As far as the email address bug, we are not able to reproduce it here,which version of BirchPress Scheduler are you using? You may upgrade to the lasted version to see if the problem still exists.

About the link you want to add, do you want it shown on the success message page?

gingerfizz

Oh, I see. I’m using version 1.3.2.2. I just installed it a couple of days ago through WordPress. Is there a more recent version than that?

Yes, I’d like to add the link to the success message page.

wpengine
    Keymaster

Please give us the link to your booking form to identify the problem.

gingerfizz

My website is maintenance mode as it’s not ready to be accessible at the time. I can create a user account for someone so they can access the booking form. I’ll provide that information via private message.

support
    Keymaster

You could provide us the info through our contact form http://www.birchpress.com/support/contact-us/

support
    Keymaster

We just release a new version which fixed the bug of incorrect confirmation info. Please update.

gingerfizz

Awesome! It’s working fine now.

But, is there still anyway I can get at least a helpful hint on adding a link to the success message? It would help immensely.

support
    Keymaster

It requires some research to implement this feature. We will consider to add it into our future development list.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.