Difficulty with appointment times and padding

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Difficulty with appointment times and padding

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justin Davis 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Justin Davis
    Participant

I have the Pro version of the Scheduler installed on Blue Iris Therapy.

I’m having a bit of a problem with the scheduling and padding of appointments. For instance, I have a 90-minute appointment set from 1 to 3 on Saturday, but it won’t let me schedule anything else other than a 30-minute massage before that even though that day’s appointments can theoretically begin at 11:30. A 60-minute massage with a 20-minute padding should put the end time at 12:50, which still leaves me with 10 minutes before the next scheduled appointment at 1:00. However, the 60-minute massage option won’t show up.

However, I can schedule a 30-minute massage to start at 11:50, which means it’ll end at 12:20. That puts the padding end time at 12:40. This looks like it’s still putting the padding before and after the appointments, because that’s another 20 minutes before the one o’clock appointment begins.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Justin Davis
    Participant

I think I figured it out, but it’s a weird workaround. I removed the padding all together by putting in 0 minutes. Doing that somehow gives you a default 30 minutes that works in the scheduler.

So, it’s possible to have a 60-minute massage starting at 11:30 AM and then it won’t let you schedule the next massage until 1:00 PM. Putting in padding messes with the default setting of 30 minutes. Best not to put in anything, but that’s only if you want that default padding of 30 minutes. Luckily, I do here.

support
    Keymaster

Hi Jeanette,

Could you please submit a ticket and include an access to your WP Admin? Meanwhile, please set up your system with the right service length and padding time you want. We will log in and have a check why ‘the 60-minute massage option won’t show up’.

Justin Davis
    Participant

Ticket submitted. Just to put it out there, here’s what I said in the ticket, minus the WP admin (which should be the second submission with the email address).

I have a 60-minute appointment at 1 o’clock on Saturdays, September 7 and 14. So, theoretically, I should be able to make another 60-minute appointment on those days starting at 11:30. That would put the end time, with the padding of 30 minutes, at 1 o’clock, but it won’t let me make that 11:30 appointment for a 60-minute massage. It only lets me book 30-minute massages then. I even tried putting the padding down as low as five minutes after massages, but it still says,”There are no available times.”

Currently, padding for all four services (30-, 60-, 90-, and 120-minute massages) is set at 0 minutes so people can book appointments. Ideally, I’d like to set the padding for 15 minutes after each appointment, with the easy option to change it to 30 minutes later if I need to. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.