Can not connect to the license server / google sync

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Can not connect to the license server / google sync

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dimitri Seirlis 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dimitri Seirlis
    Participant

Hi BirchPress. I am getting this show up in Calendar settings under general:

Support License Key XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Can not connect to the license server

I have copied the licence key from my account area (this is the Business version Version 2.9.24.B.zip) without erroneous spaces etc, yet have this message. I checked host and “allow_url_fopen” is allowed, and also “mod_security” setting has been opened, no error logs found suggesting any communication is blocked”.

In addition, it may be a part of this issue, the “Sync to Google Calendar” option that should show under the “Import Calendars (iCal)” for the provider is not showing (ticket and email replies pending on this). (you can see the settings image you show here: https://www.birchpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/iCalSync-1024×322.png )

I thought it prudent to share with others.

Great plugin, just these couple of issues to sort out hopefully.

thanks, Dimitri

Dimitri Seirlis
    Participant

Quick update. From the above issues the bookings stopped being accepted on the site and admin. Birchpress support replied to my email tickets and addressed the “Can not connect to the license server” aspect. The instructions managed to “unblock” the communication and the Google Sync option appeared, as did the function on site and admin and bookings started to work again.

I also had the email notifications not going out, and the little bit of code mentioned in other posts for email sending “fix” we added to this area worked a treat:

Calendar > Settings > Custom Code > PHP

<?php

global $birchschedule; 
    birch_defn($birchschedule->enotification, 'async_send_email', $birchschedule->enotification->send_email); 

?>

Hopefully that reassures others and helps anyone with similar issues to know there is a solution. Thanks to Birchpress support. ( please note. Support replies can take a day or two, so be patient 😉 )

Dimitri,

I am having the same trouble with the license server and the invisible Google Sync option. What exactly fixed that for you?

Thanks,

Stefan

Dimitri Seirlis
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

Birchspress support privded me with some custom php code to run once under Help if i recall, because the code disappears once its run. But they were spot on with the help. Get in touch with them, and im sure they will help.

I must ask if you have setup Google’s iCal address under providers?

Dimitri Seirlis
    Participant

As an added note … its always a good idea to check that any and all security plugins (like iThemes etc) are not potentially preventing communications too … tricky business and a fine balance as always.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.