[BUG] Product attributes override

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler [BUG] Product attributes override

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javier Nanni 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Javier Nanni
    Participant

1) I create a WooCommerce product and add some custom attributes to it
    2) I then set up a provider + service with BirchPress and add them to the product I created in step 1).
    3) By doing so, BirchPress adds 4 custom attributes to the product attributes section: location, service, provider, custom css.
    4) When that happens, the attributes I had added in step 1 disappear from the attributes section. The attributes still exist, I know that because another plugin uses them and still works. But I can no longer edit the original attributes in the product page.

Javier Nanni
    Participant

Extra information:

I thought I had found a fix, but it doesn’t work, and it doesn’t work in a very weird way. I tried adding my custom attributes AFTER setting up the whole birchpress config. That way the override was not supposed to happen.

I did that yesterday and it worked, but when I logged in to my account today, my custom attributes were again gone.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I am afraid the scheduler does not work with custom attributes. Can you just add a field into the booking form?

Javier Nanni
    Participant

The custom attributes are used by this plugin to let users filter profiles (products) in the shop page: http://yithemes.com/docs-plugins/yith-woocommerce-ajax-product-filter

I’ll just have to throw the $60 I spent on it to the garbage and look for another plugin that lets me set up those filters by tags / categories instead of attributes.

This is a real bummer 🙁

Javier Nanni
    Participant

Isn’t there any way to patch BirchPress so that custom attributes will work? Perhaps I can even to that on my end…

Luke
    Keymaster

Could you submit a ticket? We will give you a quick fix build.

Javier Nanni
    Participant

Hi Luke, thank you very much for your reply. I found a way for the other plugin to work using tags instead of attributes.

I think for the time being I’m fine that way… It works, so I’d rather continue with that and not make you do the extra work.

If I ever need to make custom attributes work in the future, I can let you know. Or, you might want to consider fixing that in the next BP release 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.