Speed

Posted · Add Comment

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Jennifer
    Keymaster

We heard from some customers that when they changed the php version, the performance issue was solved. It might have something to do with the php version you are using.

Lassi
    Participant

Switch from PHP 5.4 to 7.0 made everything considerably faster.

I’d warn people that switching PHP versions is not problem-free since themes and other plugins have to support the new version.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for your input, Lassi. Birchpress scheduler is compatible with PHP 7.0, but some others might not.

Heather Wood
    Participant

I am having the same problem. Where do I put this?

Setting -> Custom Code -> PHP : Has 4 tabs – do I put it in any tab and save? When does it run?

Thanks.

Heather Wood
    Participant

I am really battling with performance, it is affecting my whole server. Where do I put this code?

Setting -> Custom Code -> PHP : Has 4 tabs – do I put it in any tab and save?
    When does it run/how do I get it to run again?

Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Heather,

You could try to change your PHP to another version.

Josh Watkins
    Participant

We are also having issues with the speed. Not only are our patients getting frustrated with how long it takes to get a response back when scheduling an appointment, they are scheduling their appointment TWICE since they don’t think it is working. So, they are doubling the amount of appointments in our database and only making the problem worse.

A global delete option is needed. When can we expect it?

In the meantime, could you provide some guidance on using the shortcode? There are a few of us users here who are not sure how it works and, if this is the only solution (besides messing with the PHP – not an option for us) that is available right now, we need to know what we are doing.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

We suggest you upgrading your PHP first if you are using php 5.4, because it is very possible that is the problem. You do not need upgrade to the latest version. PHP 5.5 should be fine.

Josh Watkins
    Participant

We have been running PHP version 5.6.24 since August 21, 2016 so that is not the issue. The problem is getting very concerning – available appointments are being used up by people that are scheduling multiple ones due to the response being so slow. We need an easy way to delete old appointments, not a band aid. Will this functionality be in a future release or not? We need to know so we can decide whether to continue with this plugin or move to another solution.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

Please try the following steps. They could help with the performance.

1. Enable WP Object Cache by using Memcached or Redis.
    2. Enable PHP OPCache and check the status by installing opcache status

Please submit a ticket. We could help you with deleting old appointments.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.