Making changes to BrichPress files

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Making changes to BrichPress files

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Sharon Lin
    Participant

I want to implement an integration between BirchPress Scheduler Pro and Woocommerece but I don’t want to modify original files.
    Is there a way to copy the necessary files to the child theme and make the modifications there?
    Thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi Sharon,

There is no need to copy files. You can use hooks to add your features.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

should there be a list of available hooks?
    we need to know how to hook to your plugin.
    thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Hi Sharon,

We are refactoring our code. The new architecture will generate sufficient hooks for customization. We will write a document on how to find the hooks.

Currently there is no document listing all hooks. For your case, you can hook to filter ‘birchschedule_validate_booking_form_info’ to check if the credit of the customer is enough to book an appointment.
    The example code for this hook is located at ‘birchschedule/classes/logic/birs-calendar-logic.php’. Please refer to it.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

thank you but this hook is not enough. I need to show woocommerce products on the confirmation page.
    which hook should I use for this?
    will these hooks change once you finish the reconstruction of the plugin?

support
    Keymaster

The hook is filter ‘birchschedule_ajax_booking_response’.

The example code for this hook is located at ‘birchschedule/addons/form-builder/birs-addon-form-builder’. Please refer to it.

We will keep this hook available in the new version.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

not sure where ‘birchschedule/addons/form-builder/birs-addon-form-builder’ is located. is it a URL? I cannot find it in your website.

what about the PHP code section available under Scheduler–>Settings–>Custom Code in the admin panel?
    Is this where I can add my changes?
    thank you.

support
    Keymaster

‘birchschedule/addons/form-builder/birs-addon-form-builder.php’ is the path of the source code. You can find it at wp-contenct/plugins/birchschedule/addons/form-builder/birs-addon-form-builder.php.

For your case, it is better to write a separate plugin to fulfill this feature rather than pasting the code under ‘Scheduler>Settings>Custom code.’

Sharon Lin
    Participant

Does separate plugin means we need to copy the entire BirchPress plugin OR it should be a plugin that uses your hooks to add functionality?
    also, if you have the required hooks then why do we need to develop a different plugin rather than use them in child theme function.php?
    thank you.

support
    Keymaster

Using hooks in child theme function.php is also a good option.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

that’s great but we’ll need a list of available hooks in order to utilize this ability and avoid modification to original files.
    can you arrange such a list for us?
    thank you.

support
    Keymaster

We are not able to give you a document listing all hooks within a few days. If you need any hooks during your development, you can ask us and we will tell you if there is one available.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

do you have something for registering an appointment as paid?
    thank you.

support
    Keymaster

You can set ‘post_status’ of the appointment with ‘publish’ and ‘_birs_appointment_payment_status’ with ‘paid’.

Sharon Lin
    Participant

so to summarize what I need to integrate with woocommerce they way I need:

1. To check if the credit of the customer is enough to book an appointment hook to filter ‘birchschedule_validate_booking_form_info’ (example code for this hook is located at ‘birchschedule/classes/logic/birs-calendar-logic.php’).
    2. To show woocommerce products on the confirmation page hook to filter ‘birchschedule_ajax_booking_response’. (example code for this hook is located at ‘birchschedule/addons/form-builder/birs-addon-form-builder’).
    3. To confirm the appointment hook to ‘post_status’ of the appointment with ‘publish’.
    4. To update the payment status of the appointment hook to ‘_birs_appointment_payment_status’ with ‘paid’.

Does that sounds about right?
    thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.