Anyone successfully hacked the booking form?

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Anyone successfully hacked the booking form?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jason Overhulser 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jason Overhulser
    Participant

Share some love! I’ve been working for hours trying to turn the booking form into a registration form. I’m not exactly a master of PHP virtual objects. I thought I could jump in there and eliminate the appointment parts of the form and keep the customer parts. WRONG

I am able to comment out the validation routines for the appointment date, provider, etc. inside /includes/view/bookingform/packages.php But I can’t for the life of me MAKE THEM INVISIBLE.

So if anyone out there in Birch Hacker Land can offer me some advice I would greatly appreciate it. I’m doing a pet grooming service and groomers can’t let random people book off the internet. They end up with nasty barnyard dogs people try to schedule for cheap money. They need to be able to just send a “Registration Link” to them.

If all else fails I’ll use a registration form and just write straight to posts and postmeta but it’s kinda driving me nuts I can’t just neuter the existing model. Help a brother out!! 🙂

Jason Overhulser
    Participant

Well I ended up just using CSS to blank out the top:

#birs_appointment_location {display:none;}
    #birs_appointment_service {display:none;}
    #birs_appointment_staff {display:none;}
    #birs_appointment_datepicker {display:none;}
    #birs_appointment_notes {display:none;}
    #birs_appointment_form li:nth-child(-n+7) {display:none;}

Then you have to comment out the validation for those data. Those are found at /includes/view/bookingform/packages.php lines 183-202 and 230-242.

Then you need to change the success messages on 303 and 559 and probably comment out the appointment echoes found there.

Daniel Kacvinski
    Participant

If you just want a registration form you should use a form builder

Jason Overhulser
    Participant

I may still do that, but then I have to make a bunch of custom write to posts and postmeta in order to emulate what BP is doing so they show up in Clients. In the end it was easier to do this. I had to change the CSS a little from what I posted but it works fine.

I still need to figure out how to get a jquery toggle function to work inside the form. I want some divs to be invisible until clicked. Right now it reloads the page and sticks all the form variables into the address bar. 3 clicks and you get a “URI TOO LARGE” from the server. I know precious little about Java, but I’m guessing I need to get that toggle function incorporated into the form routine itself rather than in the footer of the page. In the mean time I built it with anchors so you can skip ahead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.