Capturing Appointment Info

Posted · Add Comment

Scheduler Forums BirchPress Scheduler Capturing Appointment Info

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mac McAuliffe
    Participant

Hello-

First off, I would really appreciate a list of hooks and filters. You advertise “thousands of functions, actions hooks, and filters,” but then you don’t publish them anywhere except deep within the source code.

Here are my immediate needs– I have a scheduling form that’s only for logged in users. Due to industry standards, we need to use a third-party contact management/calendar system called RedTail.

When a client books an appointment via Birchpress, I need an easy way to capture the relevant information (service, appointment time/date/duration, and user ID, if possible) so that I can communicate with the RedTail API and store the information there. Could you let me know what hook or filter will allow me to get that information at the time of booking?

This is urgent, so I really appreciate your attention to this.

Thanks!
    Ben

Mac McAuliffe
    Participant

The same goes for when a client reschedules or cancels an appointment.

support
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Here is the explanation on how to find hooks.

All the hooks within the plugin are dynamically generated. Normally each static function in the imp.php file has 2 actions and 1 filter accompanied. The 2 actions are triggered before and after the function is called. The filter is used to override the return value of the function.

e.g.
    There is a static function called reschedule_appointment1on1 in the includes/birchschedule/model/booking/imp.php file. If this function is called, the code will be like this.

global $birchschedule,
    $birchschedule->model->booking->reschedule_appointment1on1($appointment1on1_id, $appointment_info);

$birchschedule->model->booking is the package of the function, which is simulated using php objects.
    There are 2 actions for this function. One is ‘birchschedule_model_booking_reschedule_appointment1on1_before’ which is triggered before the function is called. The arguments of this action are same with the function. The other is ‘birchschedule_model_booking_reschedule_appointment1on1_after’ which is triggered after the function is called. The arguments are the ones of the function plus the return value.

The filter name is ‘birchschedule_model_booking_reschedule_appointment1on1′. It is used to override the return value of the function. Its arguments are the return value plus the ones of the function.

I hope this brief introduction is helpful to you. We will strive to work out more documents if we are not that busy in implementing new features:)

Luke
    Co-founder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘BirchPress Scheduler’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Comments are closed.